Tumble Dry – What Does It Mean and What Are the Benefits?
If you’ve ever had to wash and dry your clothes, chances are that you will have heard of the term ‘tumble dry’. But what does tumble dry mean, and how does it work?
Tumble drying is a method of drying clothes quickly and efficiently after a wash. It involves the use of a specially designed machine – a tumble dryer – to continuously draw in cool air from the outside, which is then heated and passed through the tumbler. The resulting hot air is then vented out to allow in more dry air to carry on the drying process.
Tumble dryers come in a variety of styles. These include:
- • Vented Dryer – The most common type of dryer, usually mounted to the wall above the washing machine.
- • Condenser Dryer – This is a type of tumble dryer that is designed to extract moisture from the clothes. It does not involve ventilation; instead, the vapour is condensed and collected into a water reservoir in the machine which will require emptying.
- • Washer Dryer Combo – This is a two-in-one appliance that offers both washing and drying settings. These types of machines are popular for small spaces such as apartments, as they eliminate the need for an additional machine.
The Benefits of Tumble Drying?
As tumble dryers are simple and easy to use, they are a popular household appliance in Australia. They offer a wealth of benefits, including:
- • Quick drying time – A tumble dryer typically possesses a number of heat settings. This means you can dry an entire load of clothing as quickly as you like.
- • Durable and long lasting – With good care, these machines can last for many years, making them an excellent investment.
- • Convenient – Tumble dryers are time savers. You won’t need to manually hang clothes up for air drying, and they do not require supervision or any other manual input as the drying programs on the machine will do all the work. This is perhaps the most attractive quality of owning a tumble dryer, as it gives you more time in the day to do other important things.
If you’re looking to buy a condenser dryer, vented dryer or a washer dryer combo in Australia, browse through the range available at Appliance Warehouse today. If you have any questions or require any assistance, don’t hesitate to call 1300 783 469 – we’re more than happy to help!